FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When will my Pilipinas 911 subscription be activated?
2. When can I call Pilipinas 911?
3. How does Pilipinas 911 work?
4. Which numbers do I call during an emergency?
5. How will I know if my case is really an emergency?
6. What kinds of emergencies does Pilipinas 911 provide assistance for?
7. Will there be an ambulance, police, fire, coast guard assistance dispatched whenever I call Pilipinas 911?
8. Can the call taker prescribe medication?
9. Can you book appointments for doctors?
10. What do I tell the call taker when I call Pilipinas 911?
i. Your exact location
ii. Nature of your emergency
iii. Call-back number
iv. Patient’s name (if not you)
v. Condition of patient
vi. Other relevant details
Answer the call taker’s questions as directly, concisely and calmly as possible.
It may seem that we ask a lot of questions, but these questions are designed to get all vital information in the quickest possible manner.
12. Why does the call-taker need to ask questions?
An example is a case of difficulty in breathing which could make a patient feel like he/she is having a heart attack. With proper questioning (phone Triage), we may find-out that it could be caused by an allergic reaction from the food taken from the last meal.
When you call us for an emergency, please bear with our Call-takers as their sole interest is your safety and well-being.
13. What is the charge rate for dispatch of ambulance, police, fire or coast guard assistance?
Other non-private assistance (police, fire or coast guard) is free of charge.
14. What ambulance services can you send dispatch from?
Outside Metro Manila, we may call on the ambulance services of hospitals/medical facilities, Local Government Unit emergency response or volunteer response groups.
15. What hospitals may I be brought to if an ambulance is dispatched?
16. Are tow truck requests free?
17. Can I call Pilipinas 911 using someone else’s phone or land line?
Yes, you will just need to verify your identity to the call taker by answering some questions.